Introduction to Magento Commerce Cloud
Magento Commerce Cloud is a flexible, scalable, and reliable cloud platform optimized for Magento e-commerce solutions. It provides a fully managed, automated, and secure infrastructure to deploy, host, and manage online stores.
Key features of Magento Commerce Cloud include:
- High performance – Auto-scaling, load balancing, CDN, and caching deliver speed and reliability.
- Continuous deployment – Streamlined workflows to rapidly build, test, and deploy new features and updates.
- Security – Comprehensive security protections including encryption, access controls, and automated patching.
- Global availability – Deploy stores in multiple regions close to customers using a global CDN.
- Omnichannel capabilities – Unify online and offline sales channels into a seamless customer experience.
- Simplified operations – Automation reduces overhead so merchants can focus on store innovation.
Benefits of Magento Commerce Cloud:
- Increased sales and conversions by accelerating site performance.
- Improved customer experience with reliable uptime and faster pages.
- Faster time to market through continuous deployment and testing.
- Operational efficiency from reduced overhead.
- Innovation enabled by cloud infrastructure and services.
|Mid-market B2C||Scalable solution for growing multi-brand retailers|
|Enterprise B2B||Feature-rich customizable platform for complex b2b commerce|
|D2C and branded manufacturers||Direct-to-consumer sales and digital brand experience|
Magento Commerce Cloud delivers an enterprise-grade e-commerce platform optimized for both mid-market businesses and large enterprises operating global sites. It enables cutting-edge digital commerce experiences powered by the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of cloud infrastructure.
Key Features and Functionality
Adobe Commerce Cloud provides robust performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security to support enterprise-level e-commerce sites.
Performance and Scalability
- Auto-scaling and load balancing across a distributed cloud architecture provide elastic scalability to handle traffic spikes.
- A global CDN and caching with Fastly and Varnish deliver fast page load times.
- The cloud infrastructure is optimized for Magento’s resource demands.
Adobe Commerce Cloud can handle extremely high volumes:
- 208,000 orders per hour
- 2 million pageviews per hour
- 242 million SKUs
- 10,500 GraphQL calls per minute
- 500 concurrent admin users
Horizontal scaling of web and database tiers gives virtually unlimited capacity.
Reliability and Availability
- Redundancy across availability zones ensures high uptime.
- Continuous monitoring tools like New Relic track site health.
- Disaster recovery and backup systems protect against data loss.
- Adobe Commerce Cloud guarantees 99.99% infrastructure uptime.
- Encryption, VPNs, firewalls, and more safeguard sites and data.
- Role-based access control restricts unauthorized access.
- Automated patching and updates maintain security.
- A web application firewall blocks threats like SQL injection.
- Compliance with security standards like PCI DSS.
Adobe Commerce Cloud provides robust infrastructure and extensive capabilities to deliver secure, scalable, and reliable e-commerce sites. The cloud architecture establishes a high-performance foundation for excellent customer experiences.
Implementation and Management
Implementing and managing Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure involves several key steps and ongoing processes.
Onboarding and Setup
- Register for an Adobe Commerce account and get invited to a cloud project
- Grant admin access and create technical users with the License Owner
- Configure shared access for support and issue tracking
- Access the initial Git repository and codebase
- Complete initial environment setup and configuration
Environments and Workflows
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure utilizes multiple environments for development, testing, and deployment:
- Integration – For development and initial testing. Supports multiple branches.
- Staging – Pre-production environment for final testing.
- Production – Live site environment.
Continuous integration and deployment enable frequent code updates:
- Develop new features and changes in integration branches
- Merge code to staging for additional testing
- Deploy fully tested code to production
Monitoring and Analytics
- Use New Relic to monitor performance
- Check site health and availability
- Review traffic, sales, and other metrics
Integrations and Extensions
- Connect to 3rd party services like payment gateways
- Install and configure extensions from the marketplace
- Develop custom integrations and extensions
Upgrades and Maintenance
- Perform version upgrades and patches
- Back up data and maintain snapshots
- Scale resources to meet traffic demands
- Conduct performance testing and optimization
Careful planning and execution are necessary across these areas for a successful launch and ongoing management of Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure implementation. The cloud platform provides many capabilities to support the end-to-end management lifecycle.
Benefits for E-commerce Businesses
Deploying an e-commerce store on Adobe Commerce Cloud provides a range of benefits for online retailers and branded manufacturers selling direct-to-consumer.
Increased sales and conversions
By accelerating site speeds and improving performance, Adobe Commerce Cloud drives more sales and higher conversion rates.
- Faster page loads reduce bounce rates.
- A reliable site reassures customers and earns trust.
- Optimized web experiences make it easier for shoppers to purchase.
Improved customer experience
With Adobe Commerce Cloud, retailers can deliver excellent customer experiences to boost satisfaction, engagement, and loyalty.
- Fast and consistent performance across devices.
- Engaging omnichannel commerce capabilities.
- Continuous availability and uptime.
- Innovative features like virtual shopping carts.
The automated managed cloud infrastructure reduces operational overhead for merchants.
- Automated deployments, patching, and updates.
- Cloud scaling without capacity planning.
- Streamlined workflows accelerate projects.
- More resources focused on store innovation vs maintenance.
Innovation and growth
The flexibility of Adobe Commerce Cloud empowers businesses to quickly adopt new technologies to stay ahead.
- Frequent releases with new features.
- Cloud-native architecture enables innovation.
- APIs and headless options for experience innovation.
- Accelerated development lifecycles.
For retailers looking to grow their business, Adobe Commerce Cloud provides the enterprise-grade foundation to create innovative shopping experiences that drive sales, improve customer satisfaction, and enable operational efficiency.
Adobe Commerce Cloud helps both mid-market and enterprise retailers achieve their e-commerce goals. Here are 3 examples of customers seeing success on the platform:
A specialty apparel retailer with $50M in annual online revenue was struggling to manage traffic spikes during promotions on their aging e-commerce platform. After migrating to Adobe Commerce Cloud, they saw:
- 220% increase in sales during peak events
- Page load times reduced from 6 sec to under 2 sec
- 99.99% uptime during holiday shopping surges
- Cost savings from consolidating hosting and CDN
“Adobe Commerce Cloud enabled us to effortlessly scale for large promotions with fast page loads that increased conversion rates.”
Enterprise B2B Company
A Fortune 500 B2B manufacturer with over $5B in e-commerce revenue had an inflexible legacy system that hindered their ability to innovate. By re-platforming to Adobe Commerce Cloud, they achieved:
- 83% faster time-to-market for new features
- Omnichannel integration between online, call center, and retail.
- Improved security with automated patching and encryption
- Enhanced customer experience leading to 16% more repeat orders
“Adobe Commerce Cloud transformed our website from a cost center into a strategic asset driving growth.”
A digitally native consumer electronics brand selling direct-to-consumers had constant performance problems on its homegrown platform. With Adobe Commerce Cloud, they saw:
- 6X higher traffic capacity during peak demand
- 99.95% uptime over 2 years
- Faster innovation with headless commerce
- Doubled conversions with improved web experience
“We could not scale our business without the enterprise reliability and flexibility of Adobe Commerce Cloud.”
These examples showcase the performance, scalability, innovation, and growth that Adobe Commerce Cloud makes possible for leading retailers.
Magento Commerce Cloud provides a flexible, scalable, and secure cloud platform to deploy and manage Adobe Commerce stores. It enables retailers to deliver innovative shopping experiences on a high-performance infrastructure optimized for e-commerce.
Summary of Key Points
- Fully managed cloud hosting reduces operational overhead for merchants
- The optimized architecture ensures speed, scalability, and reliability
- Continuous integration and deployment accelerate releases and innovation
- Omnichannel commerce capabilities connect online and offline sales
- Security protections safeguard sites and customer data
Call to Action
Adobe Commerce Cloud is the ideal foundation for cutting-edge digital commerce. Contact Adobe Commerce today to learn more about deploying your Adobe Commerce store on a secure, scalable, and enterprise-ready cloud platform.
The combination of Magento Commerce and cloud infrastructure provides unmatched agility, performance, and innovation capabilities. Retailers can deliver seamless shopping experiences across channels to engage customers and drive business growth.
Frequently Asked Questions on Magento Commerce Cloud
What is Magento Commerce Cloud?
Magento Commerce Cloud is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that provides automated and managed hosting for Magento stores. It combines the flexibility of Magento’s open-source software with scalable cloud infrastructure from AWS and Azure. Key features include:
- Managed cloud hosting, security, and maintenance
- Continuous deployment and testing workflows
- Multiple staging and production environments
- Integrated CDN, caching, and image optimization
- Business intelligence analytics and reporting
What are the benefits of Magento Commerce Cloud?
Some key benefits of using Magento Commerce Cloud include:
- High scalability to handle enterprise-level traffic loads and seasonal spikes
- Maximum uptime and speed through a globally distributed CDN
- Enhanced security with automated patching, VPN, firewalls, and more
- Simplified maintenance with managed infrastructure and services
- Accelerated innovation through CI/CD and multiple development environments
- Business insights from built-in analytics and reporting features
- Lower TCO compared to managing own infrastructure
What features does Magento Commerce Cloud offer?
Magento Commerce Cloud provides a robust set of features:
- Managed and automated cloud infrastructure
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Development, staging, and production environments
- Horizontal scaling of web and database tiers
- Integrated CDN, caching, and image optimization
- Business intelligence reporting and analytics
- New Relic APM monitoring
- Secure access and role-based permissions
- Automated patching and upgrades
How does Magento Commerce Cloud pricing work?
Magento Commerce Cloud uses a tiered pricing model based on business needs:
- Starter plan – For smaller businesses starting at $40,000 per year
- Pro plan – For larger enterprises with custom quotes
Costs scale with the number of storefronts, traffic volumes, and hosting resources utilized. Additional fees apply for extra bandwidth, storage, and staging environments.
Is Magento Commerce Cloud suitable for small businesses?
The high cost of Magento Commerce Cloud makes it best suited for established mid-market and enterprise retailers. The complexity and infrastructure requirements also make it overkill for most small businesses.
How can I get started with Magento Commerce Cloud?
Getting started with Magento Commerce Cloud involves:
- Evaluating business requirements
- Signing up for a Magento account
- Selecting a plan and getting a quote
- Onboarding and initial configuration
- Setting up environments and workflows
- Integrating services like payments, shipping
- Importing products, content, data
- Performance testing and launch
Magento partners can provide implementation services to launch Commerce Cloud.